Monday, August 25, 2014

Summertime Sadness

The summer is a tricky time for people in the Trans community. With all of the pool parties, trips to the beach, and tanning sessions - there's a lot of pressure to wear a bathing suit. Some of us hate our bodies as it is, and/or can't find something we're comfortable wearing especially in public. So Saturday was a family BBQ and as dumb as it may sound, I felt left out when all of the guys just stripped their shirts and hung out in the hot tub. It's hard to explain what it's like to someone who's not going through it (as most things in life are). So when I was bummed about it, and tried to explain it - it never came out right. One one hand, I'm upset I couldn't just join them. On the other hand, it shouldn't bother me because some people don't like pools/hot tubs at all and wouldn't have gone in anyway. Also, it seemed as if the only one feeling uncomfortable or awkward in the whole situation was me. So I just kept thinking to myself that if things go as planned, I could be joining them shirtless in the hot tub next summer. Won't that be nice and awkward for everyone! =D Can't wait to see the looks on their faces. It'll be priceless.

As I was saying, plans are moving with surgery. I should be getting the letter from my therapist today to send to the insurance company and surgeon's office, and as soon as that is approved I can schedule a consult with the surgeon in MA that I want to use - and then schedule a date. It's very exciting and I can honestly say that I am not nervous about it at all. I mean, I'm nervous about the surgery itself, which is fine - but not the reason why I'm doing it. I remember when it was a debate in my head if I was ready for this type of surgery and now, I just can't wait to get my tits off. Seriously, it's every day I wake up and think how nice it's going to be to get that weight off my chest. ( That was for you, Finny <3 )

Now to just take my time with the right steps going forward and hopefully the surgery will be taking place early 2015! Wish me luck!

Just as a plug - if you want to donate to my fund here's the link to me GoFundMe page - CLICK HERE

So feel free to check it out and donate if you want! Personal thank you's to anyone who donates no matter the amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment